Carrefour Groups moves away from slow and manual processes
- and experiences increased efficiency and more motivated employees
The French retail group Carrefour experienced a big bottleneck challenge in handling large trays filled with crushed ice for cooling its fresh fish assortment.
A daily delivery of four big trays each containing 300 kg. of crushed ice created a slow, time-consuming and physically stressful task for the employees, who had to manually scoop the ice from the trays to the show racks, to keep the fresh fish cold and appetizing. This was a static movement, which caused back injuries and strains on the employees.
This manual process was then replaced by a fully powered Rotator, which lifts and rotates the big trays 90 degrees and then allows the employees to quickly empty the trays, while avoiding awkward or stressful movements. A revolution for the employees at Carrefour.
The large retail company quickly realised the many benefits of using a Rotator in this process: An optimised workflow and a healthier working environment. The employees simply spend less time on the process and are much more motivated and less sick due to injuries and strains.
Other benefits from using high quality equipment
- Ergonomically correct working positions
- Flexibility: Height adjustment, rotation and transportation in the same unit
- Capacity 1000 kg.
- Easy to use and programme
- Remote control for rotation or for lifting/lowering function
- Low maintenance costs and a long operating time
- Available in three models - with fixed or adjustable forks or with multi-purpose carriage
- Increased efficiency in workflows and more satisfied employees
- High efficiency when emptying boxes and crates
- High product safety